Caribbean Days attracts tens of thousands of visitors each year. It’s proven to be a lucrative opportunity for established food services enterprises with the ability to assemble a team and serve food to a large crowd. If you’ve never joined us before or just starting out, this is an amazing opportunity to introduce your food services to an engaged and diverse audience.
North Side Concessions
The North side of the park is home to an array of multicultural and multi-genre food and beverage sellers.
- Plans include unheated running water to a shared sink.
Mobiles and Kiosks
A number of smaller kiosk, drink and convenience food vendors occupy Waterfront Park during Caribbean Days each year. To qualify for vendor status in this category, the supply and/or sale of goods must be from within a fully self-contained unit licensed for that purpose.
- No electricity or running water is supplied or permitted with these facilities.
- Space is made available on a first come first served basis.
You must submit both a Vendor Application and a Temporary Food Services Permit Application.
Insurance Update 2019
The Insurance requirement for all food vendors is the following:
- A minimum of $5million Liability insurance naming the following as additional insureds:
- City of North Vancouver
141 West 14th Street
North Vancouver, BC, V7M 1H9
- District of North Vancouver
355 West Queens Road
North Vancouver, BC, V7N 4N5
- North Vancouver Recreation & Culture Commission
851 West Queens Road
North Vancouver, BC, V7N 4E3
- School District #44
2121 Lonsdale Avenue,
North Vancouver, BC, V7M 2K6
- City of North Vancouver
Vendors – please take this information to your insurance provider and ask them to copy each name exactly as above. Misspelled names will not be accepted. If additional information is required by your insurance provider please contact email@example.com.
Further information for Food Vendors
Food Trucks/ Food Carts require:
- CNV Fire Department Approval
- BC Health Authority “Permit to Operate”. Issued by any Health Authority in BC and confirms the food handling practices meet provincial health standards
- City of North Vancouver Business License**
**The City of North Vancouver Food Truck business license will be issued after the Food Truck has provided the City with documentation that the vehicle has received certification from the following:
- Fire (from the City of North Vancouver Fire Department)
- Health (from Vancouver Coastal Health or any BC health authority)
- Certificate of Insurance for $5 million Commercial General Liability and $2 million Automobile Liability
Non-Mobile Food Vendors/ Vendors with Tents/ Mobile Food Vendors with auxiliary Tents:
- All Tents onsite must be fire rated with BC Fire Code ULC-S109 (to reduce fire spread)
- All Food Vendors using oils/ grease must have a KClass Fire Extinguisher
- All Vendors must have a standard ABC Fire Extinguisher
Event Organizer (TTCSBC) must also,
- carry a minimum of $5million liability insurance with the additional insureds noted above
- This liability policy must contain Host Liquor Liability for the Beer Garden
- arrange for a minimum of 2 water fire extinguishers to be onsite
- provide options for non-combustible food preparation tables (wood tables are acceptable)
VENDOR APPLICATION AND TEMPORARY FOOD PERMIT APPLICATION MUST BE SUBMITTED BY JULY 6TH.
IMPORTANT: VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH/NORTH SHORE (HEALTH DEPT.) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING TEMPORARY FOOD SERVICES PERMIT APPLICATIONS AFTER JUNE 24TH.